LowCVP Annual Conference 2012
Date: 10 May 2012 – 10 May 2012
Time: 9.30 a.m.-4.30 p.m.
Location: ExCel Exhibition Centre, London E16 1AA
Price: See booking site
The 2012 LowCVP Annual Conference, sponsored by Michelin, will take place at ExCel, London Docklands on Thursday 10 May alongside the EcoVelocity low carbon motor show which will run at ExCel from 10-13 May. The LowCVP Conference will feature leading speakers, topical debates and the opportunity to network with low carbon industry leaders and stakeholders.
Delegates at the LowCVP Conference 2012 will have the opportunity to visit EcoVelocity 2012 which will showcase the latest in cutting edge technology from the world’s leading car manufacturers as well as providing the opportuniy for test drives of the newest low carbon and electric vehicles. EcoVelocity takes place alongside the Grand Designs exhibition to which LowCVP delegates will also have free access.
The LowCVP Conference will feature discussions about the latest state of climate politics, the latest national and international policy developments and will also include a debate on the drive to meet the UK’s Carbon Plan targets. There will be sessions on low carbon fleet management, freight, fuels and the perceived discrepancy between ‘real world’ and test-cycle emissions. These parallel sessions are organised in partnership with the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), Road Haulage Association (RHA), and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
For further details and to book a place at the LowCVP Conference 2012, please click here (insert link).
Speakers (confirmed unless stated) for the LowCVP Conference include:
- Rt Hon Justine Greening MP, Secretary of State for Transport (tbc)
- Prof Julia King, Aston University and Committee on Climate Change
- Michael Jacobs, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and Environment & former adviser to the Prime Minister on climate change Prof Neville Jackson, Ricardo Ltd and Chair, LowCVP
- Jos Dings, Director, Transport and Environment
- Paul Everitt, Chief Executive, SMMT
- John Lewis, Chief Executive, British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
- Chas Hallett, Editor-in-Chief, WhatCar?
- Adam Vaughan, Editor, Environment Guardian
- Rob Wakely, Head of Fuels Division, Department for Transport
- Andy Eastlake, Managing Director, Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership
- Prof Phil Goodwin, Professor of Transport Policy, University of the West of England
- Mike Waters, Director of Market Insight, Arval
- Dale Eynon, Head of Fleet Operations, Environment Agency
- Jack Semple, Director of Policy, Road Haulage Association
- Nick Blake, Sales Engineering Manager – Commercial Vehicles, Mercedes-Benz UK Ltd
The 2012 LowCVP Annual Conference is sponsored by Michelin.
To book delegate places at the Conference, contact the LowCVP Conference Desk on 0208 542 7622. The on-line bookings website will be available shortly.
Exhibition spaces and other sponsorship opportunities are available at the LowCVP Conference. For more details contact the LowCVP Secretariat (email@example.com).
Larger organisations may wish to sponsor discounted places for students and others at the LowCVP Conference. For more information about LowCVP Conference bursaries, please click here.
Follow the LowCVP and the Annual Conference on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theLowCVP
Watch parts of the LowCVP Conference 2011: More details here.